The domus of largo Arrigo VII was discovered in 1958, during the restoration of the house that was built above it in the 1930s.
This ancient Roman structure, also known as “Casa Bellezza” from the owner of the modern house, is a notable example of elite domestic buildings of the late Republican period.

Its remains, which probably were oriented to face the ancient clivus Publicus (modern-days via di Santa Prisca) are located at 12 m below street level. Archaeologists have thus far identified all the acccessible parts of the domus, which consist of two painted rooms, a cryptoporticus, and a room (most likely painted) that remains at the moment inaccessible because entirely filled with debris.

The Cryptoporticus had at least three sides connected at a right angle: only one of these underground corridors is entirely preserved; the other two have been cut through by later foundations. This network of underground chambers was connected to the upper storey (now destroyed) through a narrow staircase located at one of the corner of the Cryptoporticus.